Sunday, November 04, 2007

Good Bye my Blacki Baby. Rest In Peace.

Finally it happened.
After week of treating my baby Blackie with IV fluids,Lasix,Rantac,Dextran,Sucralfate. We felt that he is improving. His tongue was regaining pink colour. He was weak but could move around in the room. we were force feeding him and he was retaining it. He was passing good quantity of Urine. Stools were of normal colour. His Blood values were not increasing. He would recognize us and would wag his tail. we were getting hopeful. it was taking heavy toll on me. Giving just 400 cc. in 3 hrs to a dog is real effort and to do it twice a day , more so. we had to lift him and take him down so that he could pass urine. If he cant then I had to Catheterize him.
I had started his Iv drip and gave Inj. Lasix. after 100 cc he got up and started making cooing sound to indicate he wants to eat something. He drank about 300cc Water mixed with electral solution. We were overjoyed. His Iv drip was discontinued. He was taken downstairs where he passed good amount of Urine. We put him in his room and with much releif sat down to watch 'Main Hoon Na' on cable. After an hour or so he walked out of his room and came to his usual place in Drawing room. He stood there swaying a little. I took him back to his room and made him to sit in dog position.
After the picture was over K wanted to sit there for a while. We were feeling at ease. Blacki has started taking feed and passing urine on his own so now things should get better.There was glimmer of hope.We sat there for an hour or so,planning for Diwali.Before going to sleep K went to see Blacki. He was standing and his breathing was fast. She called me. i tried to make him sit. I was wondering whether i should get oxygen cylinder to ease his breathing.
Suddenly he ambled towards K. put his head on her lap. She started patting and baby talking to him.I was stroking his back and could feel the very rapid breathing and fast heart rate.He sat down and K called out to me that he is going, i felt that breathing had stopped and heart was going into Fibrillation(Flutter). He slowly lied down, Took 2-3 gasps and it was all over. I felt more pain and sorrow than ever before. More than what I had felt when my parents,close relatives died. There were no thoughts about what future holds for me-thoughts I had when my parents died. There was only sense of very very deep loss. He had demanded/wanted nothing from me but always gave me lots of love. No conditions were attached to that love. i didnt have to reciprocate. His love, affection and joy on meeting me were always there.Everyday,every hour,every minute. This memory of unconditional love will always remain with me. we will always miss him and remember him.
Good Bye my Blacki baby. Have a nice higher life. Rest in peace.

No comments: