I am no way connected or interested in IIPM activities and strongly condemn the comments by IIPM sympathizers attacking Rashmi and issue of Legal(!) notice to Gaurav.It is their basic right to express their opinion on IIPM activities which can be refuted or ignored by IIPM.I would like to be Devil's advocate and join issue with Rashmi and Jammag.
1) The Full Page *Advertisement* of IIPM.:-Well since when are we suppose to take seriously what is stated or shown in advetisement? There are so many bloggers working in Advertising firms in various capacities.Do they believe anything they write in any advertisement? whatever is stated in full page advertisement of IIPM,you must take it with bucket of salt. It is no crime to make false claims in advrtisement.It's been done everyday,by everybody, in all advertisement.Give credit to IIPM that it has not resorted to inserting articles in major newspapers,extolling virtues of IIPM or placement of IIPM graduates with their inflated salaries.
2) Ranking of IIPM:- Is anyone bothered about these ranking except the institutes?whats the use of ranking when you can get admission on your score and merit ranking.May be first few in the Merit list can select, rest have to take whatever is offered to them.Besides these ranking are big joke and I simply throw the' India Today' issues on ranking of Medical,Engineering colleges and B-Schools in dustbin.Ranking depends on many variable factors and different agencies give different ranking depending on the weightage given to different criterias.( India Todays ranking of Best chief Ministers-Mr.Naidu & Mr.Krishna-lost elections).I am presuming that they have carried out the whole exercise with honesty and sincerity.Only fools will take admission on the basis of ranking given by Outlook-C,India Today etc.
3)Campuses of IIPM:- A building in Bandra-Kurla complex costs real money.If you dont get acres of public land at throw away lease rent from the Govt. then such a campus is great thing.BTW I have seen campus of many Engg. colleges which are converted coaching class/ school/ Tin sheds.This is in Mumbai.If they have A.C. classrooms with decent desks and P.A.system it is better than what we are used to.Even a decent Toilet is improvement on campuses of many reputed Engg. and Medical colleges. have you seen the campus of* Deemed University* in New Mumbai? Whats wrong with well organised small canteen?Atleast one IIPM campus did have swimming pool ! wow! English Architecture? How many know whats that? You want to do MBA or Architecture? If you are interested in taking admission please go there and check it out . If you dont like what you see don't take admission. If you are a lazy slob then who can help you?
4) Fees:- Now since when this high fee for MBA is an issue? I think we settled that almost 2 yrs ago and gave fitting reply to that Prof.M.M.Joshi who wanted to reduce fees of IIMs.We fought a pitched battle with him and his hidden saffron agenda, remember?We had decided to keep the fees high as students were assured fat salaries on graduation . Even banks were willing to offer loans to prospective students.Keeping that in mind IIPM has kept its fees high between 4.5- 8 lacs.IDBI bank is there to give loan.I am sure they have extension counters in IIPM campuses.But look at the brighter side.IIPM offers free Laptop and Free Europe tour.You have recovered atleast 1.5 lac.and don't have to spend on package tour to Europe!
5) Faculty:- Students were satisfied with their permanent teaching staff .What more you want? If professors from foreign Universities are not not taking lectures then only students have right to complain.
6)Placement:- Why should you believe what is advertised by IIPM? Placement will also depend on Business cycle.When economy is growing, more will get jobs.There were quite a few companies who visited IIPM campus for recruitment.30-40% were recruited from campus recruitment and other managed on their own and got the job with salaries upto 4.5 lacs.Not bad, na?
7) Degree: The MBA/BBA degree conferred by IIPM is not recognised by AICTE/UGC or any state universities.Does it matter? There are so many Degrees in different fields which are not recognised by Indian state.(Medical Degrees from CIS./Mauritius/Seychelles/) .Does that mean they don't know the subject?As long as IIPM graduates are useful to companies which can hire them to carry out their work its ok.
8) Mr.Arindam Chaudhury: Why should it bother us whether he is MBA or not?From which IIM?Anyone can call himself as management Guru.Why not? If he can set up and manage such an Empire than he is Guru.Whats in MBA degree.Is Mr.Jagmohan Dalmiya a Cricketer?But he has made BCCI wealthiest sport body in India.Mr.Chaudhury is better marketers than many IIM graduates.If students believe him and enroll for MBA in IIPM than they are doing it with their eyes wide open.Dont blame him for students' carelessness.Nobody is forcing students to join IIPM.Find out everything you want before joining.If you foolishly believe everything that's given in advertisement than you have noone but yourself to blame.
Above is my opinion based on whats written in article in JAMMAG.I personally have no knowledge and don't waste time reading IIPM advertisement.